Cotton fabric for clothes:
No 8 is very light see through muslin type fabric
cotton fabric for bedding No 1-7 only and please choose 1 or 2 colours as duvet and pillow can have different fabric on both sides:
Felt fabric for coats:
please note, there are 2 types of felt I use: 100% Wool and 30% Wool blend.
100% Wool felt (all of my toys & most of doll coats are made using this durable natural wool felt)
- It’s the most durable type of felt, (Great for making heirloom quality toys).
- It has less fuzz than other felts and it will not pill.
- It is thicker, more tightly woven and has stronger fibres so it holds up better to wear.
- It has slight elasticity so it can be manipulated and shaped.
- 100% natural wool is both stain and water resistant.
- Wool is naturally fire resistant.
- Wool has anti-bacterial properties that keep it from mildewing.
- Wool is hypoallergenic.
- It is both ecologically and animal friendly. (It is a natural and sustainable resource.)
30% Wool blend (I’m only including it as the colours are favoured by some clients that are not available in 100% Wool)
- It will pill and fuzz. (Not v. good for mini clothes if toys will be handled often!)
- It’s thinner – so may be more see through.
- It’s much weaker and seams are more likely to tear.
- It catches fire almost instantly when exposed to a flame.
- It’s durable because plastics degrade very slowly.(Not too eco friendly!)
- Also not environmentally friendly as large quantities of chemical pollutants are created when it is manufactured.
knitting wool for hats & scarves:
acrylic, non toxic, paint for wooden boxes: